The Commonwealth iLibrary brings the publications of the Commonwealth Secretariat to Penn readers, as a complement to our current IGO ebook collections from OECD, World Bank, and International Monetary Fund.
The Commonwealth iLibrary concentrates on several topic areas:
- Globalization and multilateral trade issues
- Export and enterprise development
- Economic and social development
- Finance and investment
- Agriculture and food
- Governance, elections, and public service management and reform
- Social issues, especially gender, migration, health, and human rights.
As almost two-thirds of the Commonwealth’s member nations are small states, the Commonwealth iLibrary has a particular strength in issues affecting small states.
Commonwealth iLibrary includes more than 400 ebooks and 29 periodicals, annuals, and working paper series. When older materials are added, the collection is expected to have 700 ebooks, with 30 new titles added each year. Commonwealth iLibrary is hosted on the OECD iLibrary platform, which offers searchable indexing and fulltext and PDF output. Franklin records for Commonwealth iLibrary titles will appear soon.