The Penn Libraries have purchased SAGE Research Methods, an ebook collection and web resource that uses SAGE Publication’s 40-year legacy of methods publishing to guide users at all levels through every step of the social science research process.
SAGE Research Methods offers almost 900 ebooks with searchable fulltext and downloadable PDF output. The title list includes several ebook series popular with social science researchers:
- Little Green Books, aka Quantitative Applications in the Social Sciences.
- Little Blue Books, aka Qualitative Research Methods.
- SAGE Applied Social Research Methods.
- Introducing Qualitative Research.
- BERA/SAGE Research Methods in Education.
- The Academic’s Support Kit.
- The Survey Kit (2nd edition).
- Qualitative Research Kit.
SAGE Research Methods uses a visual Methods Map to navigate the website’s content, in addition to text searching and browsing. SRM permits registered users to save searches and to compile and share Reading Lists using SRM content.
While SAGE Research Methods also hosts cases, datasets, and videos for teaching, the Penn Libraries purchase covers only ebooks and electronic reference works. Our purchase will bring all currently-available content plus the upcoming six years’ additions. Records for all titles appear in Franklin Catalog.